So I know fungi or as it is often termed mold, can grow in the body cavities and yes, it does cause the body to react in various ways but how can you tell if it’s just an allergy or a fungal allergy? One allergy is the same as the other isn’t it?
An allergy is basically an overreaction of one or more of the bodies systems to a harmful particle it comes into contact with. These particles by themselves are safe however in certain individuals the body perceives these as vicious body invaders and as a result starts to swell, becomes red, leaks excess fluid, cause sneezing, watery eyes, itchiness all over and results in you feeling pretty down.
Both fungal and normal allergies progress if not treated, both can be accompanied by yucky bacteria and both cause outrageously foul breath. Allergens, both fungal as well as pet dander, dust and foreign particles are airborne therefore easily contracted. The symptoms of both mold and fungal allergies are also the same however there is one main difference. Fungal allergies often lead to wheezing and a shortness of breath common with asthma type symptoms.
As these two conditions are so similar a visit to your GP or Specialist may need to be considered as they will be able to culture a sample from your nasal passages and sinus cavities to identify if mold is in fact present. Remember, fungi spreads easily with spores easily dislodged from their carriers. This means that even a small whoosh of air is all that is needed to disperse millions of spores ready to migrate into and flourish in deeper body recesses. Fungi is also extremely resilient as it grows like a plant with a root system to anchor itself into the delicate membrane linings. For more information on fungal allergies and treatments visit http://www.sinus-pro.com/remedies/fungus.asp