Sinus headache occurs when a sinus infection causes swelling and inflammation to the sinus membrane. This then results in a feeling of pressure and pain around the forehead, cheeks, and eyes.
The causes of Sinus Headache
- Persons prone to respiratory conditions such as colds or flu, hay fever etc. are likely to experience frequent sinus headache each time they suffer from such respiratory conditions.
- Physical conditions such as surgeries on the nose may lead to persistent inflammation of the sinuses.
- Sensitivity to environmental factors like sensitivity to dust, smoke, and pollen can trigger sinus headaches
- Mucus build-up due to inflammation of the sinus membrane
- Flu infection or a cold
- Sinus infections
The symptoms of Sinus Headache
- Pain and pressure in the cheeks, gums, forehead, head, and around the eyes area
- Inability to taste food, combined with a cough or fever
- Suffering a sinus infection that lasts for days and weeks and is also accompanied by sinus headaches
- Achy feeling in the upper teeth
- Fever and chills
- Facial swelling
- Nasal pressure or congestion
- Yellow or green discharge
- Sinus headaches that tend to get worse as you bend forward or lie down
Treating Sinus Headache
In order to treat a sinus headache, you have to know what’s causing it. Also, a major difference between a sinus headache and other headaches like migraines is that a sinus headache is not usually accompanied by vomiting or nausea. A diagnosis from a doctor may be necessary.
Homeopathic remedy have provided the most effective relief for headache caused by sinusitis or sinus infections. http://www.sinus-pro.com/sinus_headaches.asp